Friday, May 21, 2010

Mother's Day

I know I am late in writing this, but I have had so much going on and am now playing catch up. Mother's Day was fabulous this year.

Alessandro takes over on Mother's Day every year and won't let me lift a finger, unless I have to! I don't cook, do dishes, laundry or any other form of "housework". He tries to completely take over where the kids are concerned, but naturally, there are some things that only a mommy can do (nurse)!
Dro usually has to work on Sundays, but he traded shifts with someone so that he could spend the day with us.

After a fantastic church service, Alessandro took over the kids and Hailey and I got to go out for lunch, just the two of us. We went to Oregano's and had delicious salads! I don't get much time alone with Hailey these days, so my time at lunch with her was definitely a highlight!


Once we got home, the kids were still napping, so Alessandro insisted that I nap too. It felt so good! The kids woke up and played outside in the water for a while.

When playtime was over, bath-time commenced. We put Nora to bed at about 7:00 p.m. and Hailey took responsibility for Luca. She fed him and put him to bed so that Alessandro could take me out to dinner. We went to my favorite restaurant, True Food Kitchen where I had the delicious Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad, Local Arugula, Beets, Pomegranate, Lemon, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, followed by a Banana's Foster Milkshake from Zen Burger and a walk around the Biltmore. Truly Amazing!

The only thing missing this mother's day, was spending it with my mom...I really wish she lived close by.

Thank you for a fantastic Mother's Day! I am so thankful for the family God has so generously blessed me with!

No comments: