Friday, March 4, 2011

Date Night

Alessandro and I got to go out last night by ourselves and it was glorious! He took me to a burger joint on the east side of town, which is about a 30 minute drive from where we live. He had eaten there once before with his boss and really wanted me to try it. We are "foodies" if you will, so finding a good hole in the wall is right up our alley! I ordered a cheeseburger with long green chili and Alessandro ordered a double cheeseburger. Burgers come with lettuce, tomato, grilled onions and then there are other toppings you can add. We also shared fries and we had to get the egg roll! Yes, I did say egg rolls. Frisco Burger is owned by an oriental woman, so on the back of the menu, there is a limited, but very good Chinese food selection.

I meant to take a picture of our order, but I was so hungry, I forgot to pull out my camera before we started eating! You will just have to go there yourself for proof.

Frisco Burger Inn has one of the very best burgers I have ever eaten! Everything was fresh and quality from the burgers to the fries to the egg rolls!  It is a small, diner-like atmosphere and when we left, every table was taken.
Whether you live in town or are just visiting...you should acquaint yourselves with Frisco Burger Inn.
Great atmosphere, great food and last night...I couldn't have asked for better company.

On a side note, while on the topic of dates with your spouse, date nights for married couples are so very important, especially for the wives. They help us to feel connected to our spouses, reminding us that we are a couple, not just parents, and helps us to recharge. This affects every aspect of our marriages. We are all too familiar with the financial excuse not to go out together, but we have come to realize that it isn't about what we do or how much we spend...it is simply about getting out of the house together for some connection time. I remember very clearly one of our first dates...we picked up slushies and walked around the park just spending time together talking and hanging out. One of my most precious memories of our courtship cost us all of about $1.50.
 I am so very blessed to have a husband who treasures our date nights, not really because he needs them, but because he knows that I do.

1 comment:

AMG Energy Solutions LLC said...

So true :) I am so glad you got an awesome dinner out of it too!!! It sounds so good!! Love ya!!