Friday, June 17, 2011

Too much change to handle at once!

Just returned from visiting family in St. Louis and it was such a refreshing time that I was able to collect myself after all this past year has brought to my life and start blogging again. Oh, I know I say this everytime I disappear, but I have missed blogging so much!

I am going to start light and I will go into the more lofty topics as the weeks go on .
First things first, we relocated to El Paso, TX in December 2010 (more of which I will get into later because it is one of the more lofty topics...) and we experienced some seriously irritating weather. What started out as novel snowfall, ended up in frozen, busted water lines, electricity blackouts and the cancellation of school for several days...the finale being that our entire household got sick (with the exception of Hailey who is rarely home, so escapes the germ exposure).
This was followed by my search for a J-O-B, which if you know me at all, you know that my dream job is to be home with my kids (although being a stay at home mom is not much fun if you are stuck in the house with the kids 24/7). Unfortunately, in order to pay for some medical expenses not covered by insurance, I am working part time, which seems easy, but it feels like I am working more than part time, most of the time...and the juggle, well, that's another blog post altogether. The good news is that in my other world of nursing, I did get my dream nursing job. I deal with people who voluntarily come to see me and I get to make them happy. :)
Let's just say that my life is not exactly how I thought it would turn out at my age. I have a multitude of personal challenges during this period of my life, yet I have so much to be thankful for. There are times when I let myself get down because of what seems to be the uphill battle we (my husband and I) have been fighting, yet I find myself smiling daily because of how I have been blessed with my children and my man! I know God is in control and sovereign, but let's get real...life has challenges and problems and right now, my life is hard. Details to come...

No comments: