Thursday, December 24, 2009

Unto Us A Savior Was Born!


Despite all that is going on in the world and in your world, remember the real reason for the season...the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ... For some, it is a very difficult time of year. Some have lost loved ones, some are battling illnesses, some are in troubled relationships and some may just feel completely hopeless. Next time you are out and about and somebody is unkind to you or rude to you, remember that you don't know what they are going through or what is consuming them. Repay every act (good or bad) with kindness and just see what happens. Make it your mission to brighten the day of all you come in contact with.

It is a time for giving outside of yourself. That could be in the form of your time, your money or your talents. How can you be a blessing to someone in need?

I will never forget the times when I was most in need...I was about 20 years old and going through a very rough time. I needed emotional support and my dear family and friends were there for me. You all know who you are! Countless nights hanging out in restaurants just to get me out of the house, countless days hanging out with me at my house or running errands with me, just to keep my mind off of my then circumstances, not to mention the love that was shown to my baby girl.

More recently, my husband and I were losing our home and had very little income (Alessandro was in the real estate field and we all know what happened there), I was home with a newborn (Luca) and did what I could on the side to help out. Alessandro was working side jobs as well. We didn't know where our grocery money was going to come from, but God did! For almost 6 months, we recieved annonymous envelopes in the mail with varying amounts of money in them. To this day, we have not been able to figure out who it was who sent us the money, but God knows and I know He is blessing them.
We are in a much better position financially now and are "paying it forward".
Maybe someone is on your heart to give to this Christmas. Don't hesitate...be blessed so you can be a blessing and have a Very Merry Christmas!

No comments: