Friday, March 5, 2010

Rosaleen Ayoub

I just got back from Texas a couple of days ago. My Sitee passed away. For those of you who don't know, Sitee is Lebanese for grandma.
Anyhow, it was a very sad time. She was old and lived a good, long life, but the last five years or so, since my Gidi (Lebanese for grandpa) passed away, were very difficult for her. She was very unhappy and lonely. Imagine, living with the same man for over 50 years (I am not sure how long they were married), doing everything together and having constant companionship to suddenly being unable to avoid solitude. Heartbreaking.
Sitee was strong, hardworking, tenacious, dramatic, very domestic and beautiful. She was very talented as well. I have several sweaters that she knitted herself. She used to cook all day long. Best Lebanese food ever! Everybody that knew her would agree when I say that she could be difficult, but hindsight, it was an endearing quality.
She taught me to love even when it is difficult and to perservere. She taught me to invest time even when it is inconvenient. She taught me to laugh...out of everything, I remember that she used to laugh often. She and Gidi loved to joke around.
She is resting in a better place. She accepted Jesus into her life several years ago and I believe she is rejoicing in heaven with the Lord Jesus!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kenya... I am so sorry for your loss. Sitee was always very kind to Calley, myself and to Dino. I am very sorry that we weren't there for you (didn't find out until your Uncle Ferris and Aunt Gene were leaving for the memorial- and we were at work). Nevertheless, we were heartbroken to hear the news yet very happy to know that she is now with Our Lord and is now happy with your Gidi. God Bless.