Friday, November 27, 2009

In Everything Give Thanks





When I think of all that I have to be thankful for, I am overwhelmed by God's grace and goodness. No matter how bad things get in the world around us, I can look at the person sitting next to me, listen to Nora's laughter as she stares at her brother, look at the basil plant thriving by the window, remember all of the people (friends and family) that God has placed in my life, rest sheltered in my house, etc...and remember how very blessed I am. In this last year, we have experienced many, many trials and yet I am thankful I had someone as special as Alessandro to walk through them with. We have lost a home, been jobless, my health has been attacked, and we have faced much discouragement. I will tell you that the discouragement doesn't linger. God can turn a situation to favor you in an instant! We always hold on to that hope. The hope that God will act suddenly on our behalf! I pray that we don't go through difficult times in vain. What is the purpose of experiencing difficulty if you don't learn from it? I am so thankful that both Alessandro and I are learners and we always take something positive out of every experience we have to go through. Good and bad.


So...don't look back in regret, but press forward and learn from everything you have the opportunity to experience.

I got to spend the majority of the day at home decorating for Christmas. Traditionally this happens the day after Thanksgiving in our family, but Alessandro had to work this year, so Thanksgiving Day it was! Luca felt so special as he "helped" his daddy outside with the lights. He loves to spend time with Alessandro doing "man" stuff outside.






We had Thanksgiving dinner with my sister and her in-laws. They are so kind and always open their home to us for every holiday when we are unable to travel to Texas or St. Louis in order to see our families. It is so nice to spend time with the Enyarts. They are such wonderful people.


Uncle Lance and Auntie Keturah gave Luca his birthday present early because they won't be able to come to his birthday party in December. He is going to have so much fun with his new fort! I remember as a kid we would make our forts by tying sheets to chairs and draping them around tables.

No comments: