Sunday, November 1, 2009

Harvest Festival

We had our Harvest Festival last night and it was amazing!  It was held on a family farm. There was so much land for the kids to run and play on it was amazing!  This is uncommon here in Arizona with so many track homes with small back and front yards. It reminded me of how I grew up in El Paso, TX. We had land! We would love to have land for our children and grandchildren. It is one of the things we dream of as a couple. Big, spacious backyards. It is so good to dream together because it gives you something to look forward to, goals to meet and helps you to grow together as a couple and as individuals.



There was a hayride, a bouncy, games, music and lots of food and candy, as evidenced by Luca's face! The kids looked adorable in their costumes. All you could see of Nora in her costume were her sweet cheeks. I guess Luca is still a bit young to enjoy dress up because I had to literally wrestle him to the ground as he kicked his legs and screamed while aligator tears were streaming out of his big, brown eyes, down his cheeks. He wasn't happy until Alessandro picked him up and put him in front of the mirror in a horizontal position, while I held his cape as if it were blowing to pretend he was flying around. We got a smile out of him then! Hailey missed most of the fun because she had to work. She came by when she got off of work and was able to eat something before we left about a half an hour later.

Here is the costume that I thought to be the funniest:

Chad Walker

Now here we are, November 1, 2009. Time flies, so we have to treasure every moment and remember not to take for granted the people in our lives.

I found myself with an ungrateful heart about something very trivial this morning on my way to church. We passed a man with no legs, in a wheelchair, strolling himself down the road with a smile on his face. Puts things in perspective, doesn't it? Conviction set in on my heart in that instant! I am so thankful for what I have and for the love I have been so richly blessed with in my life.

No comments: