Saturday, July 3, 2010

Keeping Sane in the Arizona Heat

I think I have found a safe haven for the Arizona summer heat. Today, Alessandro and I loaded up the kids and went over to the City of Chandler Aquatic Center. We lathered up with sunscreen and set out to spend the first half of the day in the water. I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical of the whole public pool thing because I tend to try to stay away from them. My past experiences with water parks and public pools have left much to be desired. In my mind, they are dirty and smelly. Alessandro, however, loves the idea of spending the day in the water for a minimal cost to us, so I decided to be a good sport and try it.
To my surprise, the aquatic center was not only clean, but so much fun! Although the temperature outside was over 100 degrees, we all stayed cool whether we were floating in the lazy river, going down waterslides, playing in the splash pad area or just sitting in the shallow water. The kids had a blast and the only time there was any crying or fit throwing was when we told Luca it was time to leave.
We may have to make this a weekly event during the hot months. It felt like we were on vacation!

I wish I had photos to post, but Hailey has the camera in South Africa. I did take a couple of pictures with my phone, but have not yet figured out how to upload those photos. I will add them later.

No comments: