Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Anticipation




My oldest daughter, Hailey is about to embark on a very exciting (for her) and scary (for me) time in her life. She will be celebrating her 16th birthday on Thursday, September 17th. It seems like yesterday that I found out I was pregnant with her. Such an uncertain time for me. She is the best gift I could have received from God. Her creation literally saved my life! I will have to pray harder now, than I have ever prayed in my life for her...her safety, her decision making, her knowledge of who she actually is.


This past weekend she participated in her school's homecoming festivities. She looked classy and grown up as I left her at the drop off place to load onto the bus with her friends. I walked away from her with a hint of excitement, but a lot of sadness and confusion. She will be faced with more difficult decisions now as a teenager than she has ever been faced with before. She has a good head on her shoulders and knows right from wrong. The enemy of our souls wants our kids...we must stand with them and for them! I am confused about how quickly her childhood passed me by. How did my firstborn, my baby girl go from playing dress up and tea parties to dressing up and going to parties????? It happens to all of our children. They grow up, make choices, and hopefully find exactly what it is that they are called to do by God and thrive in it! Go Hailey! I am on your team and rooting for you!

No comments: