Saturday, September 12, 2009

What does one do when someone is attacking their son and the parent does nothing about it?
I needed to get Luca out of the house and took him to Chick Fil A to play. The first hour was amazing! He was having so much fun! Then, out of nowhere, this kid had his hands around Luca's neck! I saw him laying down and crying through the window and the kid was on top of him...I first thought he was trying to help Luca. Being the protective parent I am, I run into the room to find the choker's mom pulling him off of Luca. The other children in the room ran up to me with pointed fingers yelling that the boy was choking Luca! All Luca wanted to do was play, not get attacked! I can't believe the bullying is already starting...and by a boy years older than Luca! The parent of this kid simply told him that he could no longer play and that he "made a bad choice". What???? Oh, she also made him say he was "sorry". Big deal! The family darted out of their so fast! Embarrassed, I'm sure. The other families in the restaurant were just looking at me like they could not believe what they had just witnessed. Needless to say, neither could I.

No comments: