Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Greener on the Other Side?


When one has a day like I had yesterday, they can find themselves complaining, as I did. Let me share a little summary of the days events. Crying, whining, short naps (for the children, not for me), complete exhaustion from the night before because both children were up several times throughout the night. Needless to say, by the end of the day, I wanted to collapse. I found myself complaining about how I need time for ME and how draining it can be to care for the kids all day long without a break. Then it hit me...wait a minute...for 12 years, I longed to be a stay at home mom and was unable to. What am I complaining about??? Twelve years, I complained about having to work outside the home and then come home and try to do all the things a full time mom does. As a single mom, I worked sometimes two and three jobs at a time just to make it. For several years of that time, I worked as an RN on the night shift so that I wouldn't have to take my daughter, Hailey to daycare. I was very blessed by so many friends and family that would watch Hailey while I worked which helped me to avoid costs of daycare. As I remember the way things were for me and for Hailey, I quickly repent for my complaining and remember that children are a blessing from the Lord, and I am blessed to be the one who gets to spend all day long with them.

No comments: