Thursday, September 24, 2009

Pick and Choose Your Battles


Due to the fact that I was up just about all night with Nora again put me into a state of complete exhaustion. As much as I can't wait for these times to pass, I also want to cherish every moment because as I have learned with my 16 year old, Hailey, time goes too fast. Someday I won't have those quiet and private moments alone with Nora when all she wants is me without any other distractions for either of us. It amazes me how big she is and that she has grown with only the nourishment that God created my body to give her. Amazing!  So, the first thing that Luca saw this morning were the messed up cupcakes on the counter and he immediately let me know that he wanted some. I don't know how, but I got him to eat scrambled eggs first, but within 30 minutes of breakfast, he was at me again for the cupcakes. Here is where I came to a crossroads...I could say "no" knowing that he would be eating some later on during the birthday celebration and deal with the fit he was sure to have, or I could put him in his high chair with a cupcake and have a few moments of peace. Guess what I decided to do???

No comments: