Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Pretty Shoes

Why is the 104 degree weather not over??? That is the temperature today. I want to take the kids outside and not feel like I am in an oven, is that too much to ask? We have had a couple of mornings and evenings lately that have been very nice and we have been able to take the kids outside or to the park. It hiked up again. I am at a loss for words. The snowbirds are back in town and the traffic increase is here to prove it. When they come back, the heat is supposed to go away!
I needed a little vent session and now it is over.
If I have not mentioned it before, I am a part of an expert community of shoppers called Coupon Sense. I just want to share some of my experience with you partly because of the great deal and mostly because of the wonderful people I came in contact with along the way. I set out to get a free Fusion razor and a Gilette Venus razor for $1.99. Both kids in tow, coupons in hand, I went to Walgreens. They were out of the Fusion, so I had to get a raincheck. You are only supposed to get one razor, but when the manager saw that I had Nora in the Baby Bjorn and Luca in the shopping cart, she said I earned two. I was thrilled!  Alessandro will be thrilled as well!  I decided to hit another Walgreens hoping they were not sold out too,  because I had three coupons. There, I was able to get a Fusion and a Venus. I love getting great deals on items that we use on a regular basis that usually cost between $8-$13. Sure, it takes some extra planning and a lot of extra work, but if I can save our family some money and take some pressure off of my man, I am more than happy to do it. I consider it my job. I stay at home, take care of the kids and run the household. I have managed to cut our grocery bill in half! Back to the people. At both Walgreens, my transactions were not very smooth, as they are usually complicated when you are using ads, coupons and other rewards on top of dealing with store rules. The ladies that helped me out at both stores, were patient, accomodating and had very pleasant attitudes. As a matter of fact, while I was apologizing to them for the complicated transactions, they were apologizing to me as if it were their fault!  It was very refreshing because there have been times when you can tell that a person is annoyed because you are trying to save some money. I am finding more and more that as people are experiencing first hand the effects that the economy is having on them, they are more impressed with the savings than annoyed.

Finally, the reason for the title...I LOVE SHOES! I am getting Nora started early.

No comments: