Monday, September 28, 2009

Delayed Gratification

I got it!  Today I ordered something on-line that I believe is going to transform my life!  It has been on my wishlist for some time and I was finally able to make the purchase!  We don't put anything on credit, as we are graduates of Financial Peace University. What Dave says, goes, in our household! It really makes you appreciate things much more when you have to pay cash for them. Proverbs tells us that "the borrower is servant to the lender" and the last thing I want to be a servant to is the credit card industry. By the way, my special purchase was my BOB Duallie Stroller. I am thrilled!

So, Hailey got the job!  She now works at at local dry cleaners and is very excited about it!  I can't believe how grown up she is. I am very proud of her. There is a part of me that is sad because she is so busy that we don't see nearly as much of her as we did before she hit 16.
Luca's vocabulary is starting to take off. He understands so much, follows directions and talks all of the time. I can't say that I understand every word he speaks, but he knows what he is saying!
Nora likes to play in her activity center now. She can be entertained for 20 minutes in that thing!  She loves bathtime and likes to examine her hands. Now, if only I can get her to sleep through the night.

Alessandro and I went out for coffee last night. Here in Chandler, Sunday nights shut down pretty early, so we ended up at Starbucks. I am not a big fan of Starbucks because I would rather support the little guy. I like the originality of small businesses and family owned establishments, but unfortunately, we were left without a choice. I think we are going to have to change our date night!

No comments: