Sunday, October 4, 2009

Easiest Recipe Ever!

Well, Alessandro has been working on Sundays lately which is a huge adjustment for our family. His days off are Wednesdays and Saturdays for the time being. It is so strange going to church without him. I haven't done that since I was a single mom! Thank God I have Hailey to help me out. She is so great! Speaking of Hailey, here is a picture of her and her friend Cassidi. They dressed up for the Blackout game where Hamilton played against their rival team Chandler High. Hamilton took the victory! How exciting to go to those high school games and root for your team!  All the energy of that team spirit is so fresh in my memory. We have talked about going to the games, but with two children under 2 years of age, it just doesn't seem like very much fun!  I am thinking that Hailey's Junior and Senior years will bring us out a bit more.

Last night we went to the Farrell Twin's 1 yr birthday party.
They had a bouncy, a swingset and a huge sandbox which we couldn't get Luca out of!
Today I got to do something that doesn't happen very often in our busy lives. It was Nora's nap time and before I put her down I got to sit on the couch holding her while she nuzzled on my chest, put her little arms around me and cuddled for about 10 minutes. Luca had to be a part of it as well, so he strategically positioned himself so that he was using me as his back support while he sat on the couch with us. It was a little piece of heaven.
Luca also loves to hold Nora, whether she is enjoying it or not! Bonus picture. Since I am usually the one taking the pictures, I am not usually in them. Who knows when this will happen again! I am sure moms everywhere feel the same way. Sometimes I think my kids are going to wonder where their mommy was because there are so few pictures to prove I was there!

I want to share with you a recipe I tried tonight for the first time. I have never made anything so easy in my life! It was a hit with the family too!  I took 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast and a can of my favorite salsa and threw it in the crock pot. Cooked it on low for 8 hours and then shredded it with 2 forks. I served it with warm flour tortillas, sour cream and cheese, with a side of rice. Delicious! Easy!


No comments: