Saturday, October 10, 2009

Today is overcast, nice. I think the weather has finally given in to the change in season. Alessandro and I sat outside last night sipping on a couple of  homemade iced coffees and just enjoyed one another's company. We talked about our dreams, our fears, our present and our future. It reminded me of all of the times when we were first married that we would sit on our porch, eat dessert and talk. That is what we did. We didn't have any extra money to go out, nor did we have cable television. In our south Scottsdale home, which we sold 2 years ago, even with rabbit ears the picture was snow unless you had cable. We didn't have small children at the time, so we had more "down" time. It was probably the best thing for our marriage. Lots of time to just be together without any distractions. Now, we do have cable and believe me, there are times when I wish we didn't...then there are times when I feel I couldn't live without my DVR!
Tonight was Alessandro's day off so we spent the day together as a family. The day was finished off with a steak dinner (thank you Coupon Sense!) and homemade chocolate chip cookies for dessert.


I have been told that my cookies beat Paradise Bakery, but I am not so sure because Paradise is making a lot of money off of their recipe and I spend money to make mine!

No comments: