Monday, October 19, 2009

Individual Attention



Every child needs one on one time with each parent. This is something we feel very strongly about and we strive to accomplish in our family, not always with success. You can imagine the challenges we face in having such a wide age range of children. It is difficult to hold a teenagers schedule when middle of the night feedings and toddler hours are still in effect. It is just another one of the sacrifices we make as parents. I do enjoy, immensely, my time with Hailey, my time with Luca and my time with Nora (even though it is usually interrupting my sleep). On Saturday, when Alessandro was home, Luca spent a good portion of the morning with him outside pulling weeds and running errands with him. It made such a difference in Luca's attitude that day. He craves that personal attention from his daddy. He loves his time with me too, but he is with me 24/7. He feels extra special and very cool when he gets to hang out with his dad. He was walking around here, arms back, chest out, just proud as punch!
 Tonight, now that the little ones are in bed, I will finish this post, spend a few minutes with Alessandro on the porch and then watch a girly movie with Hailey, just the two of us. It really makes a difference in the relationships we form with our kids. I may be completely exhausted, but I am also completely fulfilled in knowing that my children's needs are being met to the best of my ability and by the grace of God. How much more does God, my Creator, find satisfaction in meeting His children's needs?

No comments: