Monday, October 12, 2009

A Future and a Hope


Today I was inspired by one of my favorite musicians, Bebo Norman. He reminds me of the Jack Johnson of the Christian music arena. I specifically want to talk about the album "Ten Thousand Days", although he has several that I love. This is simply a "feel good" album and I like the lighthearted tempos of the music. Yet, if you listen closely to the words, you can see the depth of what he is sharing from his heart. You can sample or purchase his music at http://www.bebonorman.com/themusic1.htm.

I have found that my days are much better, with fewer meltdown from Luca, when I get him outside for a good chunk of time. We went on a walk today and stopped at the playground. It is the happiest place on earth to Luca!!!


I got word today of a local teenage girl who committed suicide a few days ago. I was deeply saddened to hear of the news. I didn't know her, but just the thought of a young person feeling so desperate and so miserable, living without any hope of happiness, fullness of life or peace, just absolutely breaks my heart. The God I serve wants so much more for each one of His children. He loves each and every one of us and doesn't expect perfection from us. He only longs to know us, as we were created to know Him.
Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." My thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

No comments: