Thursday, October 29, 2009

Rationing Food

Pottery Barn Kids had a sing-a-long, so I dressed the kids up in their costumes, loaded them up and we went to the mall. At first Luca didn't know what to think. He just wanted to play with the toys and run around, but then the music started and got his attention. Luca LOVES music. He sings all the time. The greatest thing is when I get him in the car, and he is upset and whiney about something, but the second I start playing worship music, he starts singing with his sweet little voice and sometimes even raises his hands to our Lord. So cute. Kids have such tender hearts. Oh, that we would all have the heart attitudes of our little children.
Luca was Superman and it was a fight to get him into his costume!  He doesn't quite understand the concept and doesn't really know who Superman is. I wrestled him into his costume, took him flying around the house and even showed him photos of Superman on the internet. He finally made peace with it and probably forgot he had it on!  Nora was in her ladybug costume...so precious. A perfect fit for her!
A little note about Hailey. If you have seen her, you know that she is very thin. Not a bit of fat on her bones. You wouldn't be able to tell by looking at her, but I am seriously considering rationing her food around here!  She is eating me out of house and home!  I go to Trader Joe's once every 2 weeks and I have a specific amount of my budget alloted for Trader Joe's spending. I usually get the household snacks there. It is inexpensive and much better than regular grocery store brands. Anyhow, I am thinking one box of Joe Joe's cookies should last us the 2 weeks. Luca has had about 3, I have had about 3 and Hailey has had the rest with the exception of the 8 that were left in the box!  It hasn't even been a week!  Anyone else have any suggestions for making food last a little longer when a teenager is eating???

No comments: